Fredrik loves to learn languages, currently, he can converse in:
- And a little Czech
I too am fond of learning languages and I’m currently trying to get better at Swedish. That’s how I came across Fredrik.
His “Simple Swedish Podcast” is a useful resource for anyone trying to learn the language. In his podcast, Fredrik speaks slowly whilst using simple words & phrases. For someone who needed to expose himself to the language, I found Fredrik’s podcast to be a valuable resource.
In addition to his podcast, he includes transcripts of each episode. I find listening to each episode whilst reading the transcripts to be a great way of increasing my data input for the Swedish language. They’re completely free and you can find them all on his site, SwedishLinguist.com.
In today’s episode, we talk about where he got his love for languages, what tools & habits he implements with his language learning and near to the end of the podcast we get to talk a little Swedish together. If you’re not Swedish, I apologise for not understanding, and if you are Swedish, I apologise for butchering your language!
Where to find Fredrik
E-mail: [email protected]
iTalki teaching page: Fredrik
YouTube: The Swedish Linguist
Facebook: The Swedish Linguist
- 02:27 – How I came across Fredrik
- 03:37 – Simple Swedish Podcast
- 05:57 – All the languages Fredrik can speak in
- 06:47 – Surprising my girlfriend video
- 08:07 – Where he got the love for learning languages
- 11:55 – When he started learning more languages
- 12:47 – The importance of speaking the languages
- 14:03 – The feeling of failure when learning a language
- 15:15 – How Fredrik learns new words & phrases
- 17:57 – Being an iTalki teacher & how it’s important for language learning
- 19:15 – More resources Fredrik uses when learning new languages
- 22:27 – The feeling of ‘not being good enough’ when learning languages
- 26:17 – Is it a bad thing to learn several languages at once?
- 28:17 – Luca Lampariello – One of Fredrik’s language role models
- 29:57 – Fredrik’s language learning routine
- 31:57 – The importance of consistency
- 33:17 – The importance of having goals when learning a language33:37 – Having a conversation in Swedish
- 37:37 – Other tools Fredrik uses to help him learn languages
- 40:17 – Where to find Fredrik