After naturally gravitating to the subject of productivity and optimization, Dan studied the greats and learned a lot along the way. He’s been writing on subjects based around personal development, productivity, developing habits for several years now and has generated useful and inspiration resources to help you be a better version of yourself.
Whether you’re reading one of his articles or taking part in his online course, you’ll be sure to find useful information that will last a lifetime.
Dan and I geeked out on productivity and shared our own experiences with systems and optimization. We talked about our love for excel, the importance of dropping habits as well as not always needing to have a system in the first place.
If you love productivity this podcast is for you, and I strongly recommend you check out Dan’s blog.
Subscribe To The Podcast
- Dan’s interest with productivity
- How Dan started his blog
- The love for Excel
- Enjoying systems and Dan’s personal management system
- Sometimes you don’t need a system
- “It seems that perfection is attained not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing more to remove.” Antoine de Saint Exupéry
- The importance of taking regular long trips
- Taking a small backpack & how that mentality transeferred over to his work
- The importance of dropping habits
- Creating a decision matrix
- Dan’s Zero to Done Course
- Dan’s Summaries & Book Notes
- How to find books that are suitable for you
- The rules for dropping a movie
- The distractions of the internet
- Writing offline first
Join The Lifelong Learning Newsletter
If you’d like to follow my progress, learn something new or want to get better at learning new skills subscribe to the Lifelong Learning Newsletter.